Truck Enforcement and Oversize/Overweight Permits
Truck Enforcement/Overweight permits:
Truck enforcement exits to provide safe passage through
The primary duties of the Truck Enforcement Officers are:
- Enforcement of weight & size violations.
- Issuing permits for overweight and oversize vehicle using Village maintained highways
- Education of local trucking companies in regards to local and State laws.
- Assist developers, trucking companies and the Village with respect to truck routing in and out of commercial jobsites.
- Handling complaints from residents about truck specific problems.
- Checking trucks for safety violations and driver’s license classification violations.
You need a permit for any movement on the
Click here to see the village code regarding permit moves and the fee structure.
- 80,000 lbs gross weight
- 20,000 lbs single axle
- 34,000 lbs tandem axle
- 8’6" width
- 13’ 6” height
- 55’ length
Information Regarding Oxcart - CLICK HERE
Non-designated and Designated Routes
All local roads within the
There are many exceptions and variations of weight & size laws between two kinds of roads.
In the mid-1980’s, the Federal Government required all states to designate highways up to 80,000 lbs. gross weight. Until that time, all roads in
If you have any questions regarding commercial motor vehicle/permits please contact Ofc. Latronica at 630-873-4453
Map of Roadway Classes