Hammerschmidt Commuter Parking Lot Expansion
Hammerschmidt Parking Lot scheduled to open for use on Mon., Dec. 21
- Expected completion late December 2015
- The lot will be daily fee parking only and will not contain any permit parking
- The lot will add 92 additional parking spaces
- An additional pay box has been added next to existing pay box
- The Hammerschmidt lot will help reduce the need for additional parking spaces when the temporary 101 S. Main lot is sold for future development.
October 15, 2015
- EXISTING ENTRANCE TO HAMMERSCHMIDT PARKING LOT (AT THE INTERSECTION OF ST.CHARLES AND CHARLOTTE) WILL BE CLOSED THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 19 IN ORDER TO COMPLETE DRIVEWAY AND SIDEWALK WORK. THE ENTRANCE WILL BE REOPENED FOR COMMUTERS ON MONDAY, OCT. 26 IF WEATHER COOPERATES.
- Lighting and electrical work was completed on Wednesday, Oct. 14.
- The stone base course was rough graded in preparation of new curb
- Concrete work will begin the week of October 19, and will include curbs, sidewalks and concrete driveways.
- The parking lot can be accessed at the intersection of St.Charles and Garfield.
August 4, 2015
Work begins on the Hammerschmidt Lot Expansion Project on Wednesday, August 5. Preparatory work includes tree protection and trimming, crosswalk stripping and AT&T utility relocation. Beginning Friday, August 7, sidewalks along the south side of St. Charles Rd. will be closed and will remain closed for the duration of the process. Pedestrian detours will be posted. (see below map) At that time, sidewalks will be removed and excavation is scheduled to begin. Five existing parking spaces on the west end of the current Hammerschmidt lot will be removed permanently to allow access to the new lot and during construction several spaces will be temporarily closed. Complete lot closures may be necessary during the construction timeline.
Pedestrian Detour Map
Tentative Start Date: June 2015
Tentative Completion Date: September 2015
Project Manager: Ying Miao
Awarded Contract Amount: TBD
Funding Sources: Parking System Fund
Contact Ying Miao, Project Manager at the Village of Lombard Public Works Department, at (630) 620-5740 or by email at email@example.com.
Project Limits: The site boundaries are St. Charles Road to the north, the existing parking lot entrance to the east, Union Pacific Railroad to the south, and Marathon Gas Station to the west.
This Project Includes: Providing 92 additional parking spaces to the existing Hammerschmidt Parking Lot facility, installation of approximately 3,400 sq. yd. of permeable brick pavers, installation of storm sewers, parking lot lightings, and two bioswales.
Project Schedule: Currently in final engineering design.
Notify Me: Residents within construction areas are encouraged to sign up for Notify Me to receive timely updates regarding construction in their area. Click on the icon at the top of this page to sign up.
Newsletters & Notices: Periodically newsletters and notices are distributed to residents to keep them apprised of current and upcoming construction related events. Sign up for notifications at VillageofLombard.org/NotifyMe.
Read Past Newsletters
Newsletter 1, August 4, 2015