The Village will contact any applicants that are selected for an interview.
Lombard Police Department: Police Officer
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Lombard, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Lombard Police Department.
- Salary: $66,946 - $94,328 (7 years)
- Population: 45,000
- Sworn Police Officers: 69
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Lombard:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Resident of the State of Illinois;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision;
- Minimum of 21 years of age by the application deadline date (September 13, 2017);
- Be UNDER 35 years of age on the date of appointment, unless the candidate is currently employed as a police officer in a regularly constituted police department of any municipality which extends the age to 40 years of age;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at an accredited college, university or junior college (official transcripts will be required at the background investigation stage) - OR - have one year of active military or naval service (documented by an honorable discharge) - OR - currently a certified police officer in the State of Illinois by the application deadline date (September 13, 2017);
- Current Illinois certified police officers with a minimum of two years of service are eligible to be placed on a lateral eligibility list. Please note lateral candidates must fulfill all other minimum testing requirements (POWER Test card and written exam);
- Possess a valid NIPSTA card – OR - equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 12 months of the written exam date (September 23, 2017);
- POWER Test Cards issued by Triton College or Joliet Junior College will also be accepted.
Applicants must present the POWER Test card NO LATER than the written exam date (September 23, 2017).
Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Lombard for any one the following:
Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice - OR - a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
Experience: Persons who have been awarded a certificate of successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (Certified Illinois Police Officer). Copy of state-issued certification must be submitted with application to qualify.
Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged, - OR - who are now, or may hereafter be on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application
Applications MUST be submitted online by Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Mandatory Orientation & Written Examination Testing: Saturday, September 23, 2017 - Check-in starts at 7:30 AM
Location: Glenbard East High School, 1014 S. Main Street, Lombard, IL 60148
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
THE VILLAGE OF LOMBARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER