Building Division and Permits
The Community Development Department’s Building Division is responsible for the various phases of building construction within the
Please remember to allow for a 24-48 hour lead time when scheduling any inspection. For further information regarding building permits, our processes and scheduling inspections please contact the Building Division at 630-620-5750.
The Building Division consists of:
- Keith Steiskal, Building Commissioner, Monday-Friday from 8am - 4:30pm, 630-620-5763, Email
- Ted Klioris, Plan Reviewer/Building Inspector, Monday-Friday from 8am - 4:30pm, 630-620-5759, Email
- Hugo Viramontes, Electrical/Building Inspector, Monday-Friday from 8am - 4:30pm, 630-620-5732, Email
- Jim Pultorak, Building/Electrical Inspector, Tuesday and Thursday from 8am - 4:30pm from approximately March through November, 630-620-5760, Email
- Mike McKay, Plumbing Inspector, Monday and Wednesday from 8am - 4:30pm, Friday from 8am - 12pm, 630-620-3082, Email
- Front Counter, Monday-Friday from 8am - 4:30pm, 630-620-5750
Click here for the Before Getting Started Guide
Select this link to access handouts
Click here for the Special Event Permit application.
Special events are limited to three (3) days. Seasonal Outdoor Garden Sales are limited to three (3) months and carnivals or circuses are limited to ten (10) days.
If the event will utilize public streets or require public street closures, contact Jennifer Ganser, Assistant Community Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-620-5717. All new race routes require pre-approval.