Upcoming Election Dates
- November 3, 2020- General Election - For the election of Federal, State and County Officials (see information below for Voting by Mail).
- Click on the link for Early Voting Locations
- April 6, 2021- Consolidated General Election - For the election of Municipal; Park, Library and School Districts; and Fire District officials
- Village President, Village Clerk and Trustees Districts 1, 3 and 6 are to be elected
- September 22, 2020 - First day to circulate nominating petitions
- December 14-21, 2020 - Filing period for candidate petitions (please call for Village Hall hours due to COVID-19). On December 21, 2020 Village Hall to remain open until 5:00 p.m.
- December 22, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. - Lottery, if needed, for simultaneous filings
Voting by Mail for the November 3, 2020 Election
Due to COVID-19, DuPage County Elections are encouraging all 2020 General Election voters to cast a ballot prior to Election Day, either by mail or during early voting. In order to Vote by Mail, you must either request a Vote by Mail ballot from the DuPage County Elections by email at www.dupageco.org/election, or by U.S. mail. If you plan to register to vote at Village Hall, you can simultaneously request a Vote by Mail ballot at that time.
Voter Registration (The last day to register to vote at Village Hall is October 6)
To register at Lombard Village Hall, please bring two forms of identification-one must have your current address. Applicants need to know their Social Security number, and naturalized citizens need to know their date and place of naturalization. Residents must register at least 28 days before an election to be able to vote in it.
Some examples of identification:
- A current and valid driver’s license
- A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck
- Other government document that shows your name and address
Registrants must meeting the following requirements:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be 18 years old on or before the next election (or for a General Primary, must be 17 and will be 18 by the General Election)
- Must live in your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election
- Must not be convicted and in jail
- Cannot claim the right to vote anywhere else
If you are presently registered, you only need to register if you move or change your name. Voters who do not keep their registration active by voting, will need to register again.
For more information, email Janet Downer, Deputy Village Clerk, or call her at 630-620-5913. You can also check out an Election FAQ provided by DuPage County, or proceed to the DuPage County Election Division website.