Recognized as the oldest house in Lombard, the Sheldon Peck house was constructed in what was once Babcock's Grove around 1839. The farmhouse, which stands on the corner of Parkside and Grace in Lombard, was home to the Peck family, the first school in the area, a stop on the Underground Railroad, and a place of business for Sheldon Peck, a portraitist from the mid-nineteenth century. This house was home to descendants of the Peck family until 1995 when it was donated to the Lombard Historical Society.
The Society restored this house to the 1840 to 1860 time period. For information about our tours see our website www.lombardhistory.org. Tours of the house and educational programs are available.