Controlled Burn Scheduled for the Week of March 28th
The Village of Lombard’s Public Works Department, in conjunction with Bedrock Earthscapes, LLC of Wheaton, will be performing controlled (prescribed) burns this Spring to help promote healthy native vegetation at the following locations:
- Terrace View Pond, located just east of Park View Elementary School, north of Greenfield Avenue and south of Crystal Avenue.
- Morris Pond, located in the area bounded by Edward Street on the north, Ann Street on the South, South Elizabeth on the west and Main Street on the east.
- Echo Basin, located at the southeast corner of Wilson Avenue and Main Street across the street from Glenbard—East High School
- Grace/Central Basin, located in the northeast corner of the intersection of Grace Street and Central Avenue.
- The Surges Center Public Works Complex, located in the Garfield Street cul-de-sac, north of North Avenue (Route 64).
- Village Complex, the pond located between Village Hall and Public Works Facility and the area around the Public Works parking lot.
- Parker/Kaplan Basin, located in the neighborhood southeast of North Avenue and Grace Street.
- Hammerschmidt Commuter Lot, located on St. Charles Road across from the downtown fire station.
- Central Water Station, located on St. Charles Road next to the downtown fire station.
Due to the timeline of the controlled burns relying heavily on weather conditions, notice will be given one day prior to the burn. Notice will be posted on the Village’s website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. Additionally, residents may sign-up to receive e-mails notices and updates at villageoflombard.org/notifyme.
For more information, please refer to the 2022 newsletter.