Village of Lombard Website Policies and Terms
- Information Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Endorsement Disclaimer
- Copyright & Trademark
- Use of Material From This Site
- Unauthorized Modifications
- Privacy Notice & Policy
- Violation Reporting
By visiting this site, you understand and agree that the Village of Lombard.org web site is provided "AS IS". The information contained herein is not official nor in any way shall it be deemed to constitute legal notice where such legal notice is required by law. The information contained in this site is provided as a service and convenience to people needing information about the Village of Lombard. While the Village of Lombard makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information on this web site. Portions of the information on this site may be incorrect or not current. The Village of Lombard and its officers, employees and agents shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of, reliance upon of information, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy or timeliness of any such information, or damages incurred from the viewing, distributing, or copying of information from this web site.
Links TO External Sites
The Village of Lombard site contains links to outside web sites. These web sites are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by the Village of Lombard. These links are provided solely as a courtesy and convenience to you, the visitor.
The Village of Lombard and its officers, employees, and agents exercise no control over the organizations, views, accuracy, copyright or trademark, compliance or the legality of the material contained in these outside web sites. The Village of Lombard and its officers or employees and agents, do not sponsor, endorse, or approve the information, content, proceeds, materials, opinions or services contained on any such outside web sites. The visitor to The Village of Lombard's web site proceeds to these outside web sites at his/her own risk. The Village of Lombard, and its officers, employees, and agents, specifically disclaim any and all liability from damages, which may result from the accessing of a third-party site, which is linked to the Village of Lombard web site or from reliance upon only such information.
This Policy governs the creation of implied or explicit links to external websites from images, notices, and other communications on any Village of Lombard websites. Such links include:
- Hyperlinks activated by clicking on an image or text, leading to a web page that does not reside on a Village of Lombard website (explicit);
- Mention of a URL address providing users with the address of a web page that does not reside on a Village of Lombard website (implied), or;
- Any other explicit or implied facilitation of movement from a Village of Lombard website to another web page that does not reside on a Village of Lombard website.
The Village of Lombard may establish links on its website to external sites, provided that each external site meets at least one of the following criteria:
- It serves as the web site for another government agency, including federal, state, county, regional, public schools, and special districts, including organizations that receive sponsorship from or in conjunction with, the Village of Lombard in the form of a financial grant, or have a written contract with the Village of Lombard, pursuant to which the Village of Lombard provides services in collaboration with the organization to achieve a mutual goal related to the Village of Lombard's governmental purpose.
- It serves as the web site for a private/public utility that has a business relationship with the Village of Lombard which regulates or monitors customer service issues.
- It serves as the website for an organization that rents or leases office space from the Village of Lombard.
- It serves as the web site for local and regional economic development organization that assists the Village of Lombard in promoting businesses throughout the Village of Lombard: the Chamber of Commerce, business district associations, and related sites.
- It serves as the web site for local and regional organizations that assist the Village of Lombard in anti-terrorism preparedness within the Village of Lombard and the surrounding region, including but not limited to medical facilities, businesses, and non-profit organizations directly involved in provision of services.
- Websites which provide directional and climatic information.
- It serves as the web site for businesses which provides services within the Village of Lombard, and is listed in the directory.
Links FROM External Sites
If you link to the Village of Lombard web site, you must abide by the following practices:
- Link to, but do not replicate, our content;
- Do not create a browser or border environment around our content;
- Always open our web site in a new window;
- Do not open our site in your frames;
- Do not imply our endorsement of your site or your products;
- Do not misrepresent your relationship with us;
- Do not use our logo on your web site without the express written permission of the Village of Lombard; and
- Your web site must not contain content that could be considered illegal, distasteful or controversial, and should only contain content that correlates to Village of Lombard web site subject matter.
If you decide to link to us, we would like to know about it. Please e-mail the Village of Lombard's Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference in this web site to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Village of Lombard or its officers, employees or agents.
The Village of Lombard makes no warranty that materials contained herein are free of copyright or trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of such material may be subject to copyright or trademark laws.
CivicPlus Content Management System© 1997-2014 CivicPlus. All rights reserved.
All content © 2006-2009 Village of Lombard, IL and its representatives. All rights reserved.
The Village of Lombard has made the content of these pages available to the public and anyone may view, copy or distribute Village of Lombard information found here without obligation to the Village of Lombard, for non-commercial personal use only, unless otherwise stated on particular material or information to which a restriction on free use may apply.
Unauthorized attempts to modify or otherwise alter any information or image stored on the Village of Lombard web site may result in criminal prosecution.
This statement addresses collection, use and security of and access to information that may be obtained through the use of the Village of Lombard web site. This notice may be modified from time to time without notice, so please check back periodically. This notice covers the following topics including Information Collected and How It Is Used:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store the following types of information about your visit:
- The domain name and IP address of the computer you used to access our web site;
- The type of browser, operating system, and display resolution used to access our web site;
- The date and time of your visit;
- The pages you visit and how long you stay on each page;
- The domain name and IP address you came from when you accessed our web site; and
- The 'search terms' entered by our visitors.
We use this information to help us make our web site more useful to our visitors - to learn about the number of visitors to our web site, the type of technology our visitors use, and the information they are looking for when visiting our web site. We do not track or record personally identifiable information about individuals and their visits.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information (for example, you send an e-mail to a Village of Lombard employee), or you fill out a form with your personal information in it and submit it to us through this web site, we will use that information to respond to your e-mail and to help us get you the information you requested. We will only share that information with another governmental agency or appropriate service provider if your inquiry requires us to contact that other governmental agency or provider to provide an answer to your inquiry. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide nor will we give it to any private organizations. The Village of Lombard does not provide its mailing list or web site generated information for any commercial purpose.
You may choose whether to provide personally identifiable information on-line.
"Personally identifiable information" (PII) is information about a natural person that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. PII includes such things as an individual's name, address, and phone number. A domain name or IP address is not considered PII.
We collect no PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us by sending us e-mail, participating in a survey, or completing an on-line form. You may choose not to contact us by e-mail, participate in a survey, or provide any PII using an on-line form. Your choice not to participate in these activities will not impair your browsing of the Village of Lombard web site, nor will it preclude you from reading or downloading any information provided on our web site.
E-mail is not a secure medium. Personally identifiable information sent via the Internet can be intercepted. You may, therefore, wish to reconsider the advisability of sending messages that contain sensitive, personal information to e-mail addresses on this web site.
The Village of Lombard has no intention of releasing 'personal information' sent to us voluntarily, but may be required to do so pursuant to State or Federal law, or pursuant to court order.
If you believe that your personal information is being used for a purpose other than what was intended when submitted, you may contact the Village of Lombard, Village Manager at email@example.com.
Children Accessing Web Site
The Village of Lombard is especially concerned about protecting children's privacy. We hope parents and teachers are involved in children's Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information on-line. The Village of Lombard web site does not ask children to provide any information to us.
In the State of Illinois, laws exist to ensure that government is open and that the public has a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by State or local government agencies. At the same time, there are exceptions to the public's right to access public records that serve various needs including the privacy of individuals. Exceptions are provided in both State and Federal laws.
All the information collected at this web site becomes public record that may be subject to inspection and copying by members of the public, unless an exemption in the law exists.
The Village of Lombard, as developer and manager, and CivicPlus as host, of this web site, have taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of their data and to prevent unauthorized access to information maintained. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, to block unknown or unauthorized access to our network, systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession.
Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this web site's system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize this web site's system for other than its intended purposes are prohibited.