Do I need a Building Permit?
The Village of Lombard requires a building permit for all new structures and updates to existing structures. For more information, see the Village’s Permit Submittal Book, which describes what work requires a permit.
- Items such as replacing interior doors, and fixtures, (to existing size only, no structural change), and private walkways do not require a permit but may need to meet certain standards established by the Village of Lombard.
- Backyard Chickens
- All pools over 24" require a permit.
- Windows and roofs require a permit.
- Patios, decks, and fences require a permit.
- Playsets (swings, slides, small play houses) require a permit if you are adding a foundation.
- Special Events
- If you live in a building or area with a Homeowners or Condo Association please check with your Board and Management Company before you begin any work. They may require additional approvals above and beyond Village Code provisions.