National Citizen Survey
In late 2016 the Village of Lombard partnered with the National Research Center for a community survey.
The results are in! Check out a quick video overview and find detailed results including a Livability Report below!
The Village's National Citizen Survey results are now available!
- Most residents rated their quality of life positively and think that Lombard is an excellent or good place to live. Most survey participants gave positive ratings for the overall image and overall appearance of Lombard and the vast majority also think Lombard is an excellent or good place to raise children. About 8 in 10 survey participants planned on remaining in Lombard for the next five years and 9 in 10 would recommend living in Lombard to others.
- Residents indicated that Safety and Economy as important facets for Lombard to focus on in the coming two years.
- When asked about sources of information about Lombard, the top source was the Village Pride newsletter.
- Most residents noted that they would be very or somewhat likely to contact the Village or seek out information about the Village if needed.
- Lombard outpaced the National Average in the following categories:
- Paths and riding trails
- Travel by bicycle
- Use of public transportation
- Affordable quality housing
- Housing options
- Shopping opportunities
- Health care
- Child care/preschool
View Additional Survey Results
Lombard to Conduct a Village-wide National Citizen Survey
The survey will be mailed to 3,000 Lombard residences. The National Citizen’s Survey is a premier survey instrument that was collaboratively developed between the International City and County Management Association (ICMA) and the National Research Center (NRC.) The NCS has been conducted in over 500 cities nationwide, in 45 states, and was among the first scientific surveys to gather resident opinion on a range of community issues. The NCS includes an expertly developed list of questions that have a proven track record. The survey has also been customized to fit the specific needs of Lombard and will contain evaluative questions about the community and local governmental services, as well as community participation, local policies, and demographics. Surveys are completed by a representative cross-section of the population, thus ensuring neutrality on who receives the survey. Residences that have been selected to participate will receive multiple notifications leading up to the survey. The information will be collected, analyzed, and presented by National Research Center. Perhaps one of the most important features of the NCS is that collected data will be compared with communities that are similar in size and demographics to that of Lombard, and will provide insight via comparison. The results will be used to gauge Lombard’s current services, and will help in the planning of future initiatives and programs.
Chosen residences will receive several mailings prior to receiving the survey, in order to heighten awareness of the survey in order to maximize the amount of surveys that are filled out.
Updates and results will be displayed on this page in the coming months.
If you have any questions please call the Village's Communications Coordinator Avis Meade at (630)620-5718.