Lombard's Cruise Nights and Summer Concerts Series
2018 Lombard Cruise Nights & Summer Concert Series Finale with American English: August 25, 2018, 6-10 p.m.
- When is American English playing in downtown Lombard?
On Saturday, August 25, 2018, American English will perform at Lombard's Cruise Nights and Summer Concert Series Finale.The event will take place from 6 to 10 p.m. in downtown Lombard, with music beginning at 7 p.m.
- Where will the concert be located?
In order to accommodate a large crowd, the stage will be moved from its usual Cruise Nights location, and will be set up in the intersection of Park Ave. & St. Charles Rd. Concert goers will be able to view the performance from St. Charles Rd., or S. Park Ave.
- Will alcohol be available in the concert area?
Yes. Concert goers, ages 21 or older with proper ID, who would like to consume alcohol in the event space, will be required to receive a wristband and purchase alcohol from participating businesses including:
- Babcock's Grove House
- Shannon's Deli
- Punky's Pub
- What road closures will be in place for the event?
- St. Charles Road will be open to cruise cars and local traffic only, beginning at 3 p.m., at Elizabeth Street, up to the concert area near Park & St. Charles.
- St. Charles Road will be completely closed to all traffic from Park & St. Charles to Main Street.
- Park Ave. will be closed to all traffic from Michael McGuire Drive to Orchard Terrace at 3 p.m.
- Where can I park?
Guest parking is free and available in all commuter parking lots, including the Hammerschmidt Lot (east of Main & St. Charles), on Parkside (south of the train tracks along Lilacia Park) and in the commuter spaces on Michael McGuire Drive (along the north side of the train tracks - access available from Main Street near viaduct.) the private parking lot of 20 N. Main (beginning at 4 p.m.)
Additional parking has been made available in the AT&T building at 20 N. Main Street, beginning at 4 p.m.
- What if I want to park my cruise car?
Cruise parking will be available on St. Charles Rd. from Elizabeth up to the private lot entrance immediately west of the concert space. This lot will be used for cruise cars to turn around. Cruise car parking lots (5/3 Bank at 211 W. St. Charles, State Farm at 118 W. St. Charles, Lombard Family Health Center at 126 W. St. Charles) will remain the same as previous weeks. There will be no parking on N. Park Ave. SEE CRUISER PARKING MAP BELOW
- When can I park my cruise car?
There will be no Cruise Car parking will be allowed before 4 p.m.
- Where is handicapped parking located?
Designated handicapped parking spots are available in the commuter lot, on N. Park Ave., just north east of Park & St. Charles. Additional spaces are available on Orchard Terrace, and in the commuter lots listed above.
- Where can I can setup my chair to watch the concert?
The Concert & Beverage area is highlighted in pink within the map below. Concert goers may arrive after 4 p.m. Chairs are allowed.
- What am I allowed to bring into the event?
You may bring in food and non-alcoholic beverages but NO outside alcohol will be allowed.
- What will not be allowed?
- Outside alcohol
- Bicycles (must be walked or kept on the outside of the event space)
- In addition to American English, what other entertainment will be provided?
The Village will be hosting a Kids' Corner, which will provide fun and free games, activities, and crafts for attending children. Kids' Corner sponsors will also include the Lombard Chamber of Commerce and Sky Centers Martial Arts.
Cruise Car Parking Map
Lombard’s Cruise Nights and Summer Concert series is celebrating its 20th anniversary with a 2018 summer lineup featuring 10 live music concerts on Saturday nights in downtown Lombard, June 9 – August 25, 2018. Attending residents and visitors will experience live music, see a large collection of classic and custom cars, and will enjoy downtown Lombard’s stores and restaurant establishments.Events will take place 6 – 10 p.m., with music scheduled 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Guest parking will be available in the Metra commuter lots located east of Main Street on St. Charles Rd., and south of the train tracks along Parkside Ave., where pedestrians can find convenient access to downtown Lombard via the Metra Underpass Tunnel.
The car theme lot is available on a first come first basis beginning at 4 p.m., and is located behind Splash Park at the corner of Lincoln and St. Charles Rd.
- June 9: STRATA – formerly known as 60 Carat Rock - playing hits of the 1950’s, ‘60’s and 70’s
- June 16: Hello Weekend - Today’s top favorite hits
- June 23:.Rocks Off – The Rolling Stones tribute band
- June 30: Rosie & the Rivets - Retro Rock & Roll from the 1950’s – 1960’s
- July 7: NO EVENT – JULY 4TH
- July 14: Neverly Brothers - Rock n’ Roll Tribute from Elvis to the Beatles
- July 21: LTC Family Night
- July 28: Heartache Tonight – An Eagles tribute band
- August 4: 7DEEZ – Interactive dance band featuring disco
- August 11: Breakfast Club Band – 1980’s cover band
- August 18: R-Gang – Motown, R&B, funk & soul band
- August 25: American English – Beatles tribute band
A free craft or game will be provided in the Kids’ Corner located on S. Park Ave., in the event area. Community organizations or downtown Lombard businesses interested in hosting a Kids’ Corner event should email email@example.com. The car theme lot is located behind Splash Park on Lincoln Ave. Car themes are optional and the event is open to all classic and custom cars. Cruise car drivers and visitors are reminded to not park before 4 p.m.
For more information including a map, visit www.villageoflombard.org/cruisenights. For news updates or rain out alerts, “like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lombardcruisenights. Please call the Village’s Communications Coordinator Avis Meade at (630)620-5718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Cruise Nights Summer Lineup and Kids' Corner
Each week a local organization, community group or non-profit will host a Kids' Corner event where families can go for a fun and free kid-friendly activity.
Interested in hosting? Please contact Communications Coordinator at email@example.com. Organizations will be chosen on a first come first serve basis. For rules and an an application please click here.
Cruise Nights and Business Friendly Lombard
The Village of Lombard is asking Cruise Nights attendees to make sure they do not park in businesses designated parking spots or block the entrances to local businesses. Cruise Nights volunteers will be walking around during the event to help make sure cruisers are respectful of businesses that remain open during the event. Thank you!
Cruise Nights seeking volunteers
The Village is also seeking additional volunteers for its 18th anniversary season. Since Cruise Nights’ inception, dedicated volunteers have helped the Village with the event. The Village is looking to expand its volunteer base in order to make sure Downtown Lombard stays clean, attendees don’t block entrances to open businesses and cruise cars park legally in the Downtown. To volunteer at any of the summer’s Cruise Nights, email the Village of Lombard Communications Coordinator.
This is the Village of Lombard's 19th year hosting Cruise Night events and we're looking forward to this year's lineup! We appreciate every cruiser that has been a part of this event and we look forward to seeing you and your classic car! New this year, are optional featured themes. If you are part of a car club that will be attending one of our themed nights, or if you have any questions please feel free to email the Village's Communications Coordinator, Avis Meade or call (630) 620-5718. View Cruiser Map