Information Technology (IT) Manager
The Village of Lombard, IL (population of over 43,395) is seeking candidates for the position of Information Technology Manager. Under the general direction of the Finance Director, the Information Technology (IT) Manager performs a variety of complex technical, administrative, and supervisory tasks in the development, configuration, installation, and maintenance of the Village’s networks and information systems. The IT Manager will supervise contracted employees and work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and encourage the best practices in local government administration. The IT Manager serves as the person responsible for information technology (IT) operations in the Village of Lombard intended to facilitate the Village’s continuous improvement and sets strategic direction and policy for technology while promoting commitment to expansion of customer service.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a high level of communication with Village leadership, supervisors, and staff, working proactively to understand their needs and to align technology-related decisions with the organization’s goals.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of strategic planning, performance measurement, and process improvement.
- Willingness to solicit and apply customer feedback (internal and external) in order to improve processes, products, and services.
- Experience in working with internal leadership and managing a small staff, to include delegating tasks to subordinates, providing regular performance feedback, developing subordinates' skills and encouraging growth, conducting performance evaluations, and administering discipline when necessary.
- Possess a strong understanding and knowledge of local government organization and public administration theories, principles, and practices, including personnel management and budget administration.
- Creative problem solving capabilities to resolve issues and ensure efficiency.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from non-technical users.
- Advanced Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of information technology as well as the activities, objectives and ideals of management information systems and programs; the technical aspects of automated systems design and computer operations.
- Extensive experience in systems administration, implementing and supporting large-scale application and infrastructure systems, application developing, and end-user support.
- Extensive experience working with Windows operating systems, computer networking, hardware and software troubleshooting, Microsoft Office Products, and database management.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in computer science or business administration. At least five years of experience in a similar computer-related position (local government experience preferred). Minimum of three years supervisory experience. Valid driver’s license. Hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday with 24-hour callout on emergency basis or rearrange hours as needed.
Start Annual Salary: Range of $103,125-$145,200, with a starting expected range of $103,125 -$117,735 DOQ plus generous benefit package including health/dental insurance, IMRF, Life Insurance and other optional programs.
Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates may complete an Application for Employment obtained online at www.villageoflombard.org or obtained in person at the Village Hall. Submit with a cover letter, resume and above referenced documentation. Open until filled. First review of applications will begin June 11, 2018.
Mail to: Human Resources, Village of Lombard, 255 E Wilson Ave, Lombard, IL 60148.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Village will contact any applicants that are selected for an interview.
MAINTENTANCE WORKER I – STREETS
This position performs duties in the Operations Division of the Department of Public Works. Performs semi-skilled tasks and equipment operation work in the repair and maintenance of Village-owned property under the jurisdiction of the Department of Public Works. Work involves responsibility for the safe operation of a variety of specialized equipment used in public works maintenance and repair operations. Must be able to respond to emergency work situations 24 hours a day. Plow and salt streets, parking lots, etc. in assigned areas of town during the snow season. Perform paving and patching operations on Village owned/maintained roadways and parking lots. May operate one or more pieces of equipment such as: large front end loader, back hoe, snow plow, large roller, dump truck, aerial lift, skid loader, vactor, flusher, brush chipper, etc. Make routine field adjustments and repairs to equipment; assist in the maintenance of equipment. Perform daily preventative maintenance and care on assigned equipment. Keep vehicles clean and free of debris.
Knowledge of safe use of common hand and power tools, general work hazards and safety precautions, and applicable traffic laws and regulations. Be able to work as a member of a team and/or independently. Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D., and ability to earn within (3) three months of date of hire the State of Illinois CDL Class A Driver’s License with Air Brakes and Tanker endorsements. Starting salary is $44,543. Send application/resume or apply by 4:00 p.m.on June 1, 2018 at: Village of Lombard, 255 E. Wilson, Lombard, IL 60148; fax (630) 620-8222; email email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER