Part-Time Police Records Clerk
The Village of Lombard is seeking a qualified candidate for a Part Time Records Clerk position (27 hours evenings and weekends) for the Lombard Police Department. Records personnel perform a variety of maintenance, compilation, retrieval and distribution of official police department records in order to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to police and village personnel and the general public. The primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily maintenance of the parking adjudication program to include attendance of two monthly parking adjudication hearings.
- Classifying and coding of case report data to comply with the state mandated uniform Crime Reporting system (UCR).
- Maintain and update reports and records in the department’s record management system, including scanning and archiving case documents.
- Process subpoenas and notices of trail.
- Process record checks, expungement orders, FOIA requests.
- Operate LEADS state records system to enter, modify, update, and retrieve data regarding persons, vehicle and property records.
- Electronically transmit tickets and complaints to the Circuit Court Clerk.
- Retrieve, record, summarize, and assist in the preparation of a variety of statistical reports.
- Respond to and resolve citizen inquires or complaints.
Records personnel utilize several computer programs including MS Office and LEADS. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent with one to two years of clerical/customer service experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. Candidates must acquire full LEADS certification and NIMS compliance within 6 months of hiring. Hours for the position are evening and weekend hours. Starting salary is $20.01/hour. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Submit a completed application and a resume by Wednesday, April 24, 2019 to: Village of Lombard, 255 E. Wilson Lombard, Illinois 60148, fax: (630) 620-8222, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Village of Lombard is seeking a graduate Administrative Intern for the Summer of 2019. This position is designed to offer graduate students the opportunity to perform a variety of entry level professional administrative work, research, and analysis in support of the Village Manager’s office. A variety of assignments and projects will include but are not limited to:
· Budget analysis
· Assisting in the coordination of special events
· Day-to-day operational assistance in various Village departments
· Assisting in the development of various training programs and policies
· Attendance at committee meeting
· Staffing of Village-sponsored events on evenings/weekends.
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) or closely related graduate degree program. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and related applications is required. Candidates must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively organize, direct, and coordinate projects and meetings.Knowledge of basic practices and principles of financial processes is desired.
The duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Intern are designed to prepare the incumbent for a successful career in public service. This position will be available only for the summer of 2019. Hours are M-F 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. with evening hours and weekend hours required. Starting salary is $12.00/hr. Candidates must submit a completed application and resume by Thursday, April 18, 2019 to: Village of Lombard, 255 E. Wilson Lombard, Illinois 60148, fax: (630) 620-8222, or email: email@example.com.
Part-Time Fire Inspector
The Village of Lombard is seeking a part-time Fire Inspectors (up to 19 hours/week) for the Lombard Fire Department. Under the direction of the Fire Marshal, essential duties include: Conduct and/or assist with various types ofinspections including certificate of occupancy, life safety, public event, special process, hazard mitigation, fire protection equipment and systems and other inspections as required. Requires a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License and excellent communication skills. Certified Fire Prevention Officer (FPO)and/or International Code Council Certifications are preferred. Starting hourly rate is $26.99. Applications are available on the Village’s website. Please submit a completed application and resume to: Village of Lombard, 255 E. Wilson Avenue,Lombard, IL 60148, fax: 630-620-8222 or email:. Position is open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.