Information Technology (IT) Manager
The Village of Lombard, IL (population of over 43,395) is seeking candidates for the position of Information Technology Manager. Under the general direction of the Finance Director, the Information Technology (IT) Manager performs a variety of complex technical, administrative, and supervisory tasks in the development, configuration, installation, and maintenance of the Village’s networks and information systems. The IT Manager will supervise contracted employees and work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and encourage the best practices in local government administration. The IT Manager serves as the person responsible for information technology (IT) operations in the Village of Lombard intended to facilitate the Village’s continuous improvement and sets strategic direction and policy for technology while promoting commitment to expansion of customer service.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a high level of communication with Village leadership, supervisors, and staff, working proactively to understand their needs and to align technology-related decisions with the organization’s goals.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of strategic planning, performance measurement, and process improvement.
- Willingness to solicit and apply customer feedback (internal and external) in order to improve processes, products, and services.
- Experience in working with internal leadership and managing a small staff, to include delegating tasks to subordinates, providing regular performance feedback, developing subordinates' skills and encouraging growth, conducting performance evaluations, and administering discipline when necessary.
- Possess a strong understanding and knowledge of local government organization and public administration theories, principles, and practices, including personnel management and budget administration.
- Creative problem solving capabilities to resolve issues and ensure efficiency.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from non-technical users.
- Advanced Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of information technology as well as the activities, objectives and ideals of management information systems and programs; the technical aspects of automated systems design and computer operations.
- Extensive experience in systems administration, implementing and supporting large-scale application and infrastructure systems, application developing, and end-user support.
- Extensive experience working with Windows operating systems, computer networking, hardware and software troubleshooting, Microsoft Office Products, and database management.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in computer science or business administration. At least five years of experience in a similar computer-related position (local government experience preferred). Minimum of three years supervisory experience. Valid driver’s license. Hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday with 24-hour callout on emergency basis or rearrange hours as needed.
Start Annual Salary: Range of $103,125-$145,200, with a starting expected range of $103,125 -$117,735 DOQ plus generous benefit package including health/dental insurance, IMRF, Life Insurance and other optional programs.
Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates may complete an Application for Employment obtained online at www.villageoflombard.org or obtained in person at the Village Hall. Submit with a cover letter, resume and above referenced documentation. Open until filled. First review of applications will begin June 11, 2018.
Mail to: Human Resources, Village of Lombard, 255 E Wilson Ave, Lombard, IL 60148.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org