Lateral Transfer Police Officer Hiring Process
Lombard Police Department
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Lombard, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of lateral transfer police officer with the Lombard Police Department.
- Resident of the State of Illinois;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision;
- Have been employed, whether currently or in the past, for at least two (2) years as a full-time, non-probationary, sworn law enforcement officer by a Federal, State, County, or local law enforcement agency. Applicants must be in good standing with the agency in which they served. (NOTE: Part-time certification does NOT meet this requirement);
- Must have completed the State of Illinois certified police officer training board requirements;
- Be a US citizen;
- Be at least 23 years old -AND- be under the age of 40 years old at time of hire, per ILCS Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioner's Act;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Possess a valid State of Illinois driver's license;
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements, including, but not limited to: background investigation, psychological, and medical examination, etc.;
- Ability to furnish upon request a copy of the following documents to the extent applicable: a resume, professional licenses, training certificates, naval or military service board or discharge papers (DD214/Copy 4), documents confirming work experience, birth certificate, high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate, POWER Test card issued by NIPSTA, Triton College, or Joliet Junior College (no later than the date of the written exam, September 8, 2018 -AND- issued within 12 months of the date of the written exam), last two employee evaluations, two police reports demonstrating best work and any other employment related material as requested or required;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Lombard for any one the following:
- Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice - OR - a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged, - OR - who are now, or may hereafter be on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted with application to qualify.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Saturday, September 8, 2018 (Check-in starts at 7:30 a.m.)
Location: Lombard Village Hall – Community Room
255 E. Wilson Avenue
Lombard, IL 60148
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com
The Village of Lombard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Lombard Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.