October 29, 2022
Lombard Police Department
235 E. Wilson Avenue
Lombard, IL 60148-3969
Lombard's Drug Take Back Day on Oct. 29th
Saturday, October 29, 2022
Join the Village of Lombard for the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday, October 29th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Lombard Police Department, 235 E. Wilson Ave. Held on the last Saturday of April and October of every year, this national event addresses a crucial public safety and public health issue. The event aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
Participants may dispose of medication in its original container or by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly into the disposal box.
- Prescription Medication including controlled substances
- Over-the-Counter medications
- Liquid products, such as cough syrup, should remain sealed in their original container to prevent leakage.
- Vape pens or other e-cigarette devices – batteries must be removed prior to disposal
- Any illicit drugs. (These substances can be turned over to the police department at any time).
- Sharp objects, including needles, autoinjectors, etc. View Lombard sharps disposal information: here or visit www.dupagecounty.gov/EDP/Waste_Recycling_and_Energy/1541/ for location information.
- Liquids are not secured in a leak-proof container.
- Bio-hazardous materials.
- Glass objects, including thermometers or other medical devices.
- Aerosols, including inhalers.