At a Plan Commission Public Hearing on Monday, January 27, 2020, a proposed Holiday Inn Express at 451 E. North Ave, north of the Lombard Lagoon, was unanimously recommended (6-0), pending 14 conditions.
The conditions are in response to resident concerns and feedback. Conditions include (but are not limited to) newly added screening of the trash/recycling area, restriction of all signage on the south side of the property (facing the Lombard Lagoon), maintained fencing and landscaping adjacent to the Park, parking restrictions of construction vehicles, a new exterior paint color (yet to be determined) on the southern facing wall of the structure, and taller evergreens to be planted as a buffer. (See complete list of conditions below.)
Action: The Commissioners voted 6-0 to recommend approval subject to the conditions below. This item will be forwarded to the Village Board for consideration at their February 20, 2020 meeting.
- The petitioner shall develop the site in accordance with the plans submitted as part of this request and as modified by the conditions of approval set forth herein.
- The petitioner shall satisfactorily address all other development comments identified within the Inter-Department Review Report as part of any future permits as part of the project.
- The petitioner shall be required to apply for and receive building permits for any activity and/or improvements to the subject property.
- The trash/recycling area shall be screened per Village Code.
- A sign will be posted at the exit onto Joyce Avenue noting “No Right Turn” below the stop sign facing west and a left-turn only arrow shall be painted on the exit lane.
- Auto turns will be provided to Village staff as noted in the traffic report by KLOA.
- Signage shall meet Code, and the sample roof sign will need to be lowered, if used, and no wall signage shall be placed on the south building elevation.
- The fence and landscaping shall be maintained in good condition at all times.
- The petitioner shall provide the Village with a photometric plan for review and approval during final engineering review.
- Construction vehicles shall not park or stage on Joyce or LeMoyne Avenues.
- A cross-access and cross-park agreement between 451 and 415 E. North Avenue shall be recorded before building permits will be issued.
- Pursuant to the Zoning Ordinance, project construction shall commence within one (1) year from the date of approval of the ordinance, unless a time extension is granted by the Village Board.
- The color of the south side façade (facing the Lombard Lagoon) shall be addressed, and shall not be orange as shown in the proposed elevations.
- Taller evergreens trees shall be required to buffer the building.