Waste Management’s yard waste collection program in Lombard begins the first full week in April (April 6, 2020) and ends the second full week in December.
Waste Management Updates Related to COVID-19 Impacts
- In relation to the COVID-19 pandemic and state-wide Stay-at-Home Mandate, Waste Management is planning at this time to continue with their yard waste collection program. Any subsequent updates will be announced on the Village’s website and social media.
- Waste Management has ceased collecting overly bulky or heavy items due to worker safety. Any items more than 50-pounds or that cannot be easily carried by one worker without touching the body will not be picked up until further notice.
Yard Waste Sticker Prices and Locations
- Bundled brush, as well as paper bags and cans of leaves and grass, must have a yard waste sticker attached. Bundles must be tied with non-plastic twine or string, cut no longer than six feet, no wider than eighteen inches, and less than fifty pounds. Also, no limb may be greater than six inches in diameter.
- Waste Management’s yard waste sticker prices have increased according to the annual Consumers Price Index by 6 cents, to $2.43/sticker. Stickers are available at the following locations. Residents are encouraged to call ahead to verify business hours and an available supply of stickers.
- 7-Eleven, 594 S. Main Street, Lombard
- Ace Hardware, 837 S. Westmore-Meyers, Lombard
- Jewel, 1177 S. Main Street, Lombard
- Jewel, 33 E. St. Charles Road, Villa Park
- Johnson’s Lighthouse BP, 1 W. St. Charles Road, Villa Park
- West Suburban Bank, 711 S. Westmore-Meyers, Lombard
- West Suburban Bank, 707 N. Main Street, Lombard
- West Suburban Bank, 1122 S. Main Street, Lombard
- To save money and enrich soil, residents may prefer to mulch grass clippings or compost yard waste in a bin on their property. The Village’s Compost Bin Reimbursement Program is available at www.villageoflombard.org/yardwaste.
Visit www.villageoflombard.org/solidwaste or contact the Village of Lombard’s Department of Public Works at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630)620-5740.