Census Takers Begin In Person Visits to Unresponsive Households in Lombard Beginning August 11
As part of its Non-response Followup Operation (NRFU), the U.S. Census Bureau is visiting every household that has not already responded to the 2020 Census to ensure a complete and accurate count. Census takers are scheduled to visit non-responding households in Lombard between August 11 – September 30, 2020.
When visiting homes, Census takers will:
- help you and everyone in your home be counted in the 2020 Census.
- ask a few questions and enter answers on their secure Census Bureau smart phone.
- leave a notice with information on how to respond online, if no one comes to the door.
- maintain social distancing protocols and requirements with regard to health and safety.
- make additional visits to collect response from the household.
Homes that have responded to the 2020 Census online (www.my2020census.gov) or over the phone (855-562-2020) are less likely to receive a visit from a Census taker.
If you respond online or by phone today, a census taker is less likely to have to visit your home to collect your response. RESPOND TODAY at www.my2020census.gov or call 800-923-8282.
About Census Takers
- Census takers are hired locally to help you and everyone in your home be counted in the 2020 Census.
- Census takers will follow social distancing protocols and all applicable state and local requirements with regard to health and safety.
- Census takers will wear masks and follow local public health guidelines when they visit your home.
- U.S. Census Bureau Census takers are not covered by the current local ban on commercial solicitation and charitable door-to-door sales because they will not be soliciting funds or conducting commercial sales and because the Census is an essential government activity mandated by the U.S. Constitution.
- If someone visits your home this year to collect information for the 2020 Census, check to make sure they have a valid ID badge with their photograph, a U.S. Department of Commerce watermark, and an expiration date. Census workers may also carry Census Bureau bags and other equipment with the Census Bureau logo. For more information on the Census how to safely identify census takers, please visit www.villageoflombard.org/2020census.