Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Lombard Police Chief Roy Newton announced temporary parking restrictions that are necessary to ensure a safe and orderly passage of traffic during the 2019 Lilac Festival Parade, Sunday, May 19, 2019.
These no parking restrictions are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the following streets:
- Central East Both sides from Grace to Main
- Edward from Stewart to dead end Both sides
- Edward Main to Finley both sides
- Central West Both sides from Main to Edson
- Wilson East - South side from Edgewood to Grace
- Wilson East Both sides from Grace to Main
- Wilson West Both sides from Main to Finley
- Madison East Both sides from Grace to Main
- Morningside North side from Martha to Main
- Madison West Both sides from Main to Finley
- Washington West - South side of one way eastbound section
- Washington West - North side of one way westbound section
- Washington East Both sides from Main to 200’ east
- Hickory East - North side from Grace to Garfield Terrace
- Hickory East Both sides from Garfield Terrace to Main
- Maple East Both sides from Grace to Main
- Maple West Both sides from Main to Finley
- Elm East Both sides from Grace to Craig
- Grace South Both sides from Central to St. Charles
- Lombard South Both sides Maple to Parkside and to Ash
- Stewart South Both sides Maple to Parkside and to Ash
- Craig South - Both sides Maple to Parkside and to Ash
- Craig South Both sides Maple to Ash
- Garfield Terrace West side of Washington to end of cul-de-sac
- Ash East Both sides Grace to Main
- Martha South - West side from Washington to Madison
- Stewart South - West side from Maple to Ash
- Lombard South West side from Maple to Ash
- Hammerschmidt South Both sides from Central dead end to Madison
- Norbury South Both sides from Wilson to Madison
- Charlotte South Both sides from Wilson to Madison
- Norbury South – East side from Wilson to East Central
- Charlotte South – East side from Wilson to East Central
- Charing Cross South – East side form Charlotte to Norbury
- Main South Both sides from Central to St. Charles
- Main Drive Both sides from Central to Wilson
- Elizabeth South Both sides from Wilson to Parkside
- Edson South Both sides from Central to Madison
- Edson South - West side from Madison to Maple
- Finley South Both sides from Wilson to Crescent
- Taylor West Both sides from Main to Elizabeth
- Taylor East Both sides from Main to Grace
Personnel from the Lombard Public Works Department will be erecting the "No Parking" signs early on Sunday morning, May 19.
Residents are urged to cooperate with the Village and the Lombard Lilac Festival Parade Committee to help prevent persons from removing these “No Parking” signs before and during the Parade time. Police Chief Newton is urging everyone to abide by the temporary restrictions in order that the Parade can move as scheduled and to ensure that traffic prior to and after the Parade flows smoothly and efficiently. Residents are encouraged to leave their cars at home and walk to the Parade whenever possible.
The Lombard Fire Department will have one ambulance located at 805 South Main Street and another one located on Hickory Street just east of Main Street that will provide adequate emergency care during the Parade.
The Lilac Parade is a family event and the consumption of alcoholic beverages along the Parade route, whether on public or private property, is prohibited pursuant to Village Ordinance Title 9, Chapter 95.03, Section (A). Assisting the Lombard Police Department will be volunteers from the Lombard Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association who will be assigned to handle traffic direction and crowd control during Parade time.
Main Street will be closed to all vehicular traffic from Central to Parkside just prior to the start of the Parade, which is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m.
Detour Routes for Main Street will be posted and are as follows: From the North:
St Charles Road east to Grace Street and south on Grace to Central; Central west to Main, then onto Edward continuing west to Finley; and St. Charles west to Finley Road merging onto Crescent and then south on Finley Road. From the South: Edward west to Finley, and north on Finley.
Please feel free to contact Communications Coordinator Avis Meade with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630)620-5718.