For those making plans to participate in Halloween activities this year, the Village of Lombard’s recommended trick-or-treating hours will be from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. on October 31.
Understanding that not everyone may feel comfortable or be available for trick-or-treating, the Village has designed green and red signs for residents to print at home and place in their windows or visible areas for trick-or-treaters to identify whether their home is participating. Please note, the Village will not provide printed copies of the signs. Additionally, participating homes may turn ON their front porch/outdoor lights, and homes not participating may keep their porch/outdoor lights OFF.
Trick-or-treaters are asked to please take note of the green and red signs posted throughout the Village. Please be respectful of others and their decisions to participate or not participate in trick-or-treating this year. Families participating in trick-or-treating activities are encouraged to maintain a safe distance from other trick-or-treating groups and to wait to approach a house until the previous group has left.
For additional information and safety tips, visit www.villageoflombard.org/halloween
Safety Tips to Keep Your Children Safe
- Always accompany your children when trick-or-treating. If your child will be trick-or-treating without you, plan a familiar route and set a curfew.
- Teach children to look both ways before crossing the street, and to use traffic signals and crosswalks. Review additional safety rules, including staying with the group, walking only on the sidewalk, approaching only clearly lit homes, and never going inside a home or car for a treat.
- Check your children's candy before they eat it. Discard anything that's not sealed, has torn packaging, or looks questionable. If you have young children, weed out gum, peanuts, hard candies, and other choking hazards. If your child has food allergies, check candy labels carefully. When in doubt, throw it out!
- Stay seen - use reflective tape on costumes and bags.
- ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings. Report any dangerous or suspicious activities to Lombard Police.
Reminder: Do not participate in trick-or-treating or other activities if you, or a member of your group, feels unwell, are awaiting COVID-19 test results, or have been exposed to COVID-19 while not fully vaccinated. Additional safety guidance for activities, gatherings, and holidays is available on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.