Beginning the week of March 28, 2022, the Village of Lombard’s Public Works Department, in conjunction with Bedrock Earthscapes, LLC of Wheaton, will be performing controlled (prescribed) burns to help promote healthy native vegetation at the following locations:
- Terrace View Pond is located just east of Park View Elementary School, north of Greenfield Avenue and south of Crystal Avenue.
- Morris Pond is located in the area bounded by Edward Street on the north, Ann Street on the South, South Elizabeth on the west and Main Street on the east.
- Echo Pond is located at the southeast corner of Wilson Avenue and Main Street across the street from Glenbard East High School.
- Grace/Central Pond is located in the northeast corner of the intersection of Grace Street and Central Avenue.
- The Surges Center Public Works Complex is located in the Garfield Street cul-de-sac, north of North Avenue (Route 64).
- Village Complex the pond is located between Village Hall and Public Works Facility and the area around the Public Works parking lot.
Due to the timeline of the controlled burns relying heavily on weather conditions, notice will be given one day prior to the burn. Notice will be posted on the Village’s website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. Additionally, residents may sign-up to receive e-mails notices and updates at villageoflombard.org/notifyme. Notice will also be given to School District 44, the Lombard Park District and the Fire and Police Departments. Personnel performing the prescribed burn will be equipped with fire-fighting tools and safety equipment.
An open burn permit has been obtained from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. The burn plan has also been reviewed and approved by the Lombard Fire Department. Bedrock Earthscapes Inc. and Village employees are trained in controlled burn tactics and are equipped with fire-fighting tools and safety equipment.
For more information, visit www.villageoflombard.org/controlledburns or contact Public Works at (630) 620-5740.