As part of the Intelligentsia Cup Series, the Lombard Cycling Classic is a one-day, all-day, event expected to welcome upwards of hundreds of amateur and professional cyclists from around the world, to Lombard on July 23, 2019, with the races beginning at 10 a.m. and the last race scheduled for 6:47 p.m. Residents and visitors are invited to experience this free, family-friendly event as spectators!
Be part of the fun! Families can register their kids for the "local" Kids' Bike Race at 6:15! (Scroll down for details on Kids' Race)
Located in the downtown area, the course offers an exciting criterium featuring both a narrow and technical back side along Michael McGuire Drive, as well as a wide-open sprint finish stretch on St Charles Rd, and a start/finish line near Park Ave. & St. Charles Rd.
Commuter Impact: Lot and Road Closures
No vehicle access will be allowed on the course, or to leave the course, beginning at 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday (July 23) until the event has concluded around 8:30 p.m., and public safety officials approve reopening the roads.
- Commuters are asked to plan their day accordingly, particularly in the morning with alternative parking, and to allow additional time to avoid disruption to their schedule. Alternatively, commuters should consider substituting their Metra stop on the day of the race.
- Commuter parking spaces along Michael McGuire Drive will NOT be available for use on July 23. Alternative commuter spots have been reserved at St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church at 215 S. Lincoln St, Lombard (just south of Lilacia Park). Parking is permitted in their parking lot only. Parking is NOT permitted along parking spots on S Lincoln St.
- Residents and businesses in the designated course will NOT be allowed to move vehicles through the course. Residents and business parking that is only accessible by St. Charles Road or Michael McGuire Drive should plan to use alternative street parking along North Lincoln Ave, Orchard Terrace, and North Park Ave., as highlighted in the graphic below. To help alleviate parking concerns, hourly parking restrictions on these streets will be waived, allowing parking to begin Monday night and throughout the day on Tuesday.
- Along the course there will be several designated crossing points throughout the day which will be marshaled by race staff. Suggested areas to park are noted in purple in the map below. Parking is only allowed in normal designated hourly parking spaces.
- For those with Special or Accessibility needs, there will be a golf cart on hand during the race. Please contact us prior to the race to schedule assistance.
- Businesses requiring access from St. Charles or Michael McGuire Drive should postpone any deliveries to alternative days in the week. Delivery vehicles will not be allowed within the course once the race begins.
Lombard Cycling Classic Free Kids Race!
Presented by the DuPage Sports Commission
- At 6:15 pm Tuesday, July 23, the Lombard Cycling Classic will feature a Kids Race for ages 9 and under.
- Kids will be able to ride their bikes down St. Charles Rd., safe and free of cars, just like the professionals. Participants will also receive an official race bib. Registration is FREE and a signed waiver and helmet is required to participate.
- Once you have completed the registration form, return to Justin@DiscoverDuPage.com or bring a copy to the event.
- Allow for additional time to register/submit signed form prior to race
- Arrive no later than 6:00 pm for a 6:15 pm race start
- The Kids Race is a FREE event