Lombard Police Updates
Lombard Police Warns Residents About Ruse Burglaries
The Lombard Police Department recently responded to a report of a ruse burglary in which a male wearing a reflective vest informed a resident that he was investigating an issue with bacteria in the water in the area to gain access into the home.
Lombard Police reminds residents to protect themselves against a Ruse Burglary by practicing these safety tips:
- Never allow anyone into your home without a prescheduled appointment.
- Require that workers show identification prior to allowing them into the house or on your property.
- If an individual claims affiliation with the Village or other legitimate utilities, ask for ID and call the Village or company to verify.
- Do not exit your home with an unscheduled visitor, and lock your home if you must accompany a worker outside.
- Keep an extra watch on elderly neighbors and family.
- Educate your relatives and neighbors about ruse burglaries.
- Immediately report suspicious activity by calling 9-1-1. If possible, try to obtain the vehicle license plate, color, make/model, and offender description.
Host Drug Take-Back Event on Oct. 23
The Lombard Police Department, 235 E. Wilson Ave, will be a collection site for the DEA's National Rx Take Back Event on Saturday, October 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. During the event, both prescription and over-the-counter medications will be accepted. However, sharps, needles, and illicit drugs will not. Learn more.