The Lombard Fire Department will once again participating in the “Keep the Wreath Red Program," which is intended to serve as a visual way to remind residents to take additional safety measures this holiday season. The Fire Department will display a holiday wreath decorated with red and white lights, outside of both fire stations. If a fire caused by holiday decorations occurs in the Lombard community, one red bulb will be replaced with a white bulb. Our goal is to Keep the Wreaths Red! This Year’s program will begin Thanksgiving Day, November 26th and end on January 1st 2021.
The Lombard Fire Department offers these safety tips to help keep your homes safer during the holiday season.Consider displaying an artificial tree
- When using a live tree, select a tree that is dark green in color and one that does not lose its needles readily.
- Keep live trees away from heat sources
- Keep live trees well-watered
- Do not overload lighting circuits or utilize damaged or worn holiday lighting
- Extinguish candles when you leave the room or go to sleep for the night
- Keep candles in containers that prevent the candle from tipping over or falling
- Keep candles away from combustible materials
- Make sure your smoke detectors and Carbon Monoxide detectors are operable
Also, our residents are encouraged to call The Lombard Bureau of Fire Prevention regarding any home safety concerns or questions at 630 620-5750