Winter can be hard on your home, so spring is the perfect time to perform maintenance and avoid local violations. While spring cleaning this year, please consider these reminders:
Tall Grass & Weeds
- All premises shall be maintained free from weeds or grass growth in excess of 8” throughout the growing season.
- Lawn maintenance can be done Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on weekends, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Grass clippings and leaves cannot be blown onto the street.
Parking on Grass and Inoperable Vehicles are Prohibited
- All vehicles shall be parked on a hard surface. This includes asphalt, concrete or approved paver brick. The hard surface needs to be kept in good condition. Parking on the grass is not permitted.
- No inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicle shall be parked outside.
Branches Hanging Over Sidewalk or Street
- Sidewalks need to be kept free of all obstructions including branches. Branches must be 7’ or more above the sidewalk. Trees over a roadway must have a minimum height clearance of 14’ over the roadway
Home’s Exterior Maintenance
- Village Code requires all surfaces of a home, including but not limited to, doors, door and window frames, porches, trim, decks and fences be maintained in good condition. Exterior wood should be protected from the elements by paint or other protective covering or treatment. Peeling or chipping paint on any exterior wood surfaces must be removed and the surface repainted. All exterior metal surfaces must be maintained and kept free of rust or corrosion.
Sump Pump and Downspouts
- Downspouts and sump pumps need to be directed away from a neighbor’s property so that it does not cause a public or private nuisance.
- Two garage sales are allowed per calendar year. Signage must be placed on private property.
- No signs (i.e. feather flags and stick signs) are permitted on the parkway.
We appreciate your help in keeping our Lombard neighborhoods clean and vibrant!
To report any concerns, please sign onto our online portal at villageoflombard.org “Report a Concern” You can remain anonymous. If you have any questions, please contact Code Enforcement by phone at 630-620-5757; or by email at email@example.com