As students prepare to return to school, take the time to review some tips and reminders to help them have a safe school year.
- Slow down in school zones.
- Watch for children crossing streets, and for directions from crossing guards.
- Put your phone away.
- Be extra vigilant on streets adjacent to schools, especially at the beginning and end of school days.
- Watch for children darting out from between parked cars.
- Put your phone away - state law bans the non hands-free use of cell phones and texting while driving.
- Drop off and pick up in designated areas.
- Stop for buses loading or unloading students.
- Watch for warning signs and signals.
For more school safety tips, visit nhtsa.gov or nsc.org.
Download a Back to School Safety Checklist Here