Water & Sewer Billing
Pay Water Bill Online
Want to sign up for eBills?
You can register to have your monthly bill emailed to you by signing up for the WaterSmart Portal. Once you log in, click on Settings>Communication Preferences, then set your Bill Delivery Method to email.
Water and Sewer Services
The Village of Lombard provides water and sewer services for residents and businesses in the community. Water billing services and staffing are managed by the Village's Finance Department. The maintenance of the Village's water and sewer system is managed by Lombard Public Works.
Is your water service shutoff?
Visit our Disconnected Service page for our policy.
Need More Water Information?
Visit our Public Works Water page for information on water quality, fire hydrant maintenance, water conservation and more.
Contact Water Billing Department
To contact the Water Billing department please email, or call (630)620-5920.
- Start or Close a Water Billing Account
- WaterSmart Portal
- Water and Sewer Rates 2023
- Water Meter Installation
Moving into or out of Lombard?
Use this form if you are resident, property owner, or businesses and are moving out of Lombard. We do not have transfer stamps. The final water bill can be paid within 30 days of moving out. Lombard does not require the final bill to be paid at closing.
Visit the Village's WaterSmart portal and fill out the Move In or Out of Lombard form.
The Village of Lombard is excited to introduce you to the WaterSmart Program
WaterSmart provides a secure, web-based portal with your hourly and historical water usage, as well as leak notices. You can also set water-use alerts, based on your preferences, at any time.This service is part of our commitment to provide you with the best tools to manage your water use and bill. Please register today!
Benefits of using the WaterSmart Portal include:
- Track your water use at macro and micro levels.
- View your use in near real-time. Be alerted to leaks.
- Sign up for alerts and take control of your water use and avoid surprises.
- Get personalized, step‑by‑step actions on ways to save.
View your water usage and sign up today at lombard.watersmart.com.
2023 Water Rates
- Water rates for Village residents will be $8.64 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
- Rates for customers outside the Village limits will be $12.96 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
2023 Sewer Rates
- Sewer rates for Village residents will be $6.26 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
- Rates for customers outside the Village limits will be $9.39 per 1,000 gallons of water purchased.
- Sewer charges are based on the number of gallons of water purchased.
- Revenue received as capital charges is used for capital project water and sewer infrastructure improvements.
- Capital charges are based on the number of gallons of water purchased. The 2023 rate will be $1.60 per 1,000 gallons of water used for incorporated Lombard and $2.40 per $1,000 gallons for unincorporated Lombard.
- A fixed $5.75 capital fee will be charged to all users who connect to Lombard’s water and/or sewer. This revenue will help to pay for Lombard’s aging infrastructure needs.
- Revenue received as service charges are used to cover the costs of administrative expenses for providing utility service including, but not limited to, the expenses of billing, collecting meter reading and meter maintenance
- A flat fee of $5.05 per billing period is charged
Cross Connection Control Program
- On all non-residential accounts, there will be a charge of $4.95 per billing period to cover the costs associated with the Federal and State Cross Connection Control Program.
- Federal and State regulations now require all water providers to implement a Cross Connection Control Program. This program will ensure the safety of the public drinking water supply by preventing what may possibly be contaminated water from commercial and other buildings, from flowing back into the public system.